Jiminy Peak is a mid-sized ski resort in Hancock, Massachusetts in the Taconic Mountains. The peak of Jiminy Peak, which includes the Hendricks Summit Lodge, is in Lanesborough, Massachusetts. The mountain is owned by Och-Ziff Capital Management, but the operating company is owned and managed by Brian Fairbank, the longtime former owner of the Resort.
During the winter Jiminy Peak offers activities for the whole family, including skiing, snowboarding, outdoor pools, and various restaurants. There are 45 trails and nine lifts, including a six-person, high speed chairlift. In the summer additional activities are offered at Mountain Adventure Park, such as an alpine super slide, mountain coaster, hiking, and mountain biking. The Aerial Adventure Park is a challenge course up in the trees. Five levels provide both physical and mental challenges for all levels. Courses range from 1550 feet in the air. Jiminy Peak has installed the second mountain coaster in the country, and first on the East Coast. And is the first Alpine Super Slide in the nation.
An Executive Chef III is charged with maximizing the productivity of the culinary staff, as well as managing the sous chefs who are directly below them in the culinary chain of command. The Executive Chef III will train and manage culinary personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities; estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food; select and develop recipes; standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality; establish presentation technique and quality standards; plan and price menus; ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance; and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen. The Executive Chef III may oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques.
- Lead the Culinary Management Team to manage all aspects of Food Preparation, Product Handling, Equipment Utilization and Food Safety.
- Analyze Business Volume and Product Usage Daily.
- Participate in the Development and Implementation of Business Strategies.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Minimum of 10 years in a culinary leadership position with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years leading a culinary operation with at least 5 revenue centers.
- Minimum of 3 years leading a culinary operation with annual revenues of $2 million or more.
- Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
- AOS or higher Degree from a postsecondary culinary arts training program or equivalent professional certification.
- BA/BS Business or Hospitality Degree from an accredited college or university.
- ACF Certified Executive Chef or ACF Certified Culinary Administrator
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift to 50 pounds in weight (pots, pans, etc.); must be able to maneuver in an often tightly quartered environment.
Hours are often extended or irregular to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Centerplate. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Centerplate, a Sodexo Company, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.